Thursday, June 6, 2013

Is Neurofeedback the Solution for Your Child? Follow Our Journey: Part 3 Seeing Improvements!

The below post is from our friend “Marie.” She is sharing her story with us as she tries a brain-retraining program (neurofeedback) with her daughter who has ADD and severe memory issues.  This will be an ongoing series following their progress and success.  We hope you find it helpful as you search for solutions for your own children.

If you missed the first two parts of the series, read them here: 
Is Neurofeedback the Solution for Your Child? Follow Our Journey: Part 1.

Is Neurofeedback the Solution for Your Child? Follow Our Journey: Part 2 The First 3 Sessions

Part 3:  Seeing Signs of Success and Positive Changes!

 

The last I left off we had not seen much if any change nor had the teachers. This time I am happy to report there have definitely been some changes!!
The first difference I started to notice was in her sleep habits.
My daughter has always had a very active dream life. She would have “bad dreams” that would wake her up nightly, usually occurring around some emotional upheaval or event. This time she started having them regularly and there was nothing that I could see had changed, except starting the Neurocore. 
So I called to ask if they had other people that had commented on having the same experience. She said no, but that the treatment causes you to be able to sleep more soundly and get in to the REM stage more easily.  I have had to give her melatonin 5mg nightly for the last year to get her to slow down enough to get to sleep.  I began to wonder if maybe the combination was too much.
 I dropped her dosage in half and low and behold she slept like a rock. Then another week later the same thing happened again, and I dropped her dose to a quarter and she slept great!
During that same week she began to report to me that she felt that she was able to really focus in school and that she wasn’t daydreaming as much. I asked her teacher to confirm for me what she was noticing and he said yes it was true. She had not been doodling on her paper as ususal. 
The following week he commented on how well she did paying attention and participating. She told him,” it’s the Neurocore.” He said ,”no I think it is you, and maybe the Neurocore is helping you be your best you!” She agreed and has been pleased with herself and her work (even math) for the first time in her school history.
Another waiting room sideline story…
As I sat in the waiting room I overheard a mom talking to one of the technicians. She was reporting that she had been able to reduce her daughter’s dosage of Concerta to half, and was ready to reduce her even further. They were on about session 15.


Staytuned for further progress reports!
 ( Do you have experience with this type of therapy? Let us know what you think! ~ John: FPR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adsense