Sunday, March 18, 2012

Food Hoarding and Foster Kids


Hoarding behavior of all types is common amongst kids who come into foster care. Usually a reaction to years of neglect and abuse and a reflection of their attempt at meeting their own needs for security, many foster parents are frustrated when the behavior continues in spite of the fact that the child's needs are met.

I will share my own struggles with my foster kids and this issue as time goes on, but for now I wanted to share a link to this interesting article titled: "Child Neglect and Hoarding Food." from ToolboxParent.com (link to this site in my Links list.) If you have any helpful techniques to deal with hoarding behavior, please share!

http://www.toolboxparent.com/powertools/Joyce/Hoarding.aspx



image: flickr: AttributionShare Alike Some rights reserved by subewl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adsense